Tuesday 31 December 2013

Shanghai Design

Two of the design highlights during my brief visit in Shanghai were the IAPM mall and the Puli hotel.   Another great mall by Benoy (sister mall Elements in Kowloon, Hong Kong was also stunning) the shopping centre is beautifully finished.  The shops are pretty similar to those in Hong Kong, but I've never seen a mall which has Prada as an anchor tenant!

The Puli is a great example of traditional Chinese elements being integrated into modern hotel.  I wish I had met the designer, as there were so many questions I would have liked to have asked!  The finishes were layered and there were beautiful Chinese paintings on the walls, and sculptures throughout the lobby and restaurants.  I'll definitely be heading back for more inspiration.




The IAPM Mall's Anchor Tenant, Prada!




Puli Hotel, Shanghai


No comments:

Post a Comment