Monday 30 December 2013

Asia Society - Hong Kong

It was recommended to me that I visit the Asia Society Building on Justice Drive in Admiralty, to see what is arguably one of the best pieces of contemporary Architecture in Hong Kong.  Designed by Todd Williams and Billy Tsien, who incidentally also designed one of my favourite buildings in New York, the American Folk Art Museum, I wasn't disappointed.  A little oasis on the edge of the city, the building incorporated old British military buildings which was very interesting, as old Architecture isn't really something you see that often in Hong Kong!

There was also a beautiful roof terrace with views over the city, and an outdoor walkway winding it's way through the lush tropical garden.

So much beautiful detailing, the building really is pure poetry.   I highly recommend you visit it, and whilst you are there, have afternoon tea in their restaurant, Ammo.











No comments:

Post a Comment