Monday 10 December 2012

Shunt - The Architects

We went to see The Architects: Shunt at the the Biscuit Factory last week.  

A cross between Theseus and the Minatour and a cruise from Hell, it was an enjoyable immersive theatre experience.  Although I'm still not sure what exactly everything was about.  And I'm pretty sure elements of it were gratuitous.

No photography allowed, but I'd say that it would ruin it for you if I did post some.  I loved the bar, which doubled as a stage for the majority of the play.  The whole evening was a complete departure from reality, which is pretty hard to find without the aide of alternative substances (so I've heard).  

Anyhow, I'd recommend it, if you are open to new things, and are pretty up for performance art.    Otherwise, don't bother, you'll be confused, annoyed that you went all the way to Bermondsey to see it, and cold.  Very cold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment