Sunday 9 September 2012

Big Day Out - Paralympic Stylee

I was lucky enough to have a good friend offer me a spare ticket to the Paralympics on Wednesday.  Especially because I made zero effort to get any tickets!  

As you can well imagine, it was very inspirational watching the paralympians overcoming their conditions and excelling at sport, far better than I could! 

We were extremely lucky with the weather, blue skies all day, not a cloud in sight.  Which made the much debated sculpture by Anish Kapoor and Cecil Balmond look striking against the bright blue sky.

I was pretty excited to go to Zaha's aquatic centre, and grateful for the "wings" that were added on, as that's where I was sat!  Very hard to get a good shot of the building because of them though, so will have to make a trip back to the park when the've been taken down.













No comments:

Post a Comment