Monday 27 February 2012

Goudemalion. Jean-Paul Goude - Les Arts Decoratifs

I was given a great tip to see this exhibition at Les Arts Decoratifs in Paris, which is France's answer to our V&A.


The retrospective of this "image makers" work was really inspiring, in terms of the dramatic ques he takes, and interesting ways of cutting up and re-arranging pictures.  


He worked with Grace Jones, really strong work obviously , as such an amazing subject.


He was the creative director of Esquire in NYC in the 70's, and he seems to have a few interesting obsessions.....  


The exhibition itself was really lush in terms of imagery, but really light on text (even in french).  I don't know much about him, but I didn't really feel like I learnt too much about him, so I wish it was a bit more wordy!













No comments:

Post a Comment