Tuesday 22 November 2011

Breakfast at Fabergé?

I met the inspiring George Woolaghan this morning for a coffee and pain au raisin at The Mount Street Deli in Mayfair.  After we had our fill of coffee we popped over to the newly opened Faberge store on Grafton Street (Bond Street), via Tadao Ando's new fountain (autumn leaves included).


The store is the first one in London since 1915, and we even had the pleasure of meeting Carl Faberge's Great Granddaughter, Sarah  Fabergé.  The interior is quite restrained, letting the jewellery speak for itself, but there are nods to their Opulent Heritage in the furniture and kitsch doll house inspired displays.


The eggs retail upwards of £4000..... I think I'll have to wait a while before I get my hands on one!


Pretty much the friendliest high end retailer I've ever been in, I'd highly recommend a visit, even if your christmas budget can't stretch.
















No comments:

Post a Comment